If you want to get an Apwide Golive up and running in 3 minutes you are on the right page!
Before you start
To install the Apwide Golive ensure that you have
- Jira Server or Data Center version 7.1.+ (or install a new Jira server)
- Jira Administrators permissions
N.B. Apwide Golive will be available on Jira Cloud. Answer our survey to become a beta tester.
Express installation (2 minutes)
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace
The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Golive | Environment & Release for Jira via search
The appropriate app version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Apwide Golive
You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Golive | Environment & Release for Jira begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian
- Click Apply license
If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Jira instance.
Manual upload (3 minutes)
If you Jira server does not have access to Internet or to the Atlassian Marketplace (corporate firewall), you will have to download the app manually from the marketplace and upload it manually.
- Download the right version (ex: 6.7.5-JIRA8 for Jira 8 or 6.7.5-JIRA7 for Jira 7) from the Atlassian Marketplace
- From the top navigation bar in your application, choose > Add-ons or Manage apps.
- Click the Upload add-on or Upload app link at the top right side of the page.
The following dialog appears.
- Enter the location of the JAR or OBR file to upload using the file chooser or by specifying a network location by entering a URL.
- Click Upload.
A confirmation message appears when the app is successfully installed.
- If prompted, restart your application to have your change take effect.
You can now manage the app from the user-installed apps list on the Manage add-ons or Manage apps page.
Delegate Apwide Golive Setup to non Jira Administrators
As Jira administrator you can delegate setup of Apwide Golive to non Jira Administrators.
- Select Golive > Permissions top menu
- Click on Add Role at the bottom of the Global Permissions list of roles
- Choose a name for your role, for example Apwide Administrator
- Add Apwide Administrator permission in Permissions picker
- Type name of an existing user or Jira group to define who should be Apwide Adminstrators
- All users defined as Apwide Adminsitrators will now be autonomous to setup Apwide Golive.
They can now follow the Quick setup guide
Apwide Golive Setup
Once installed, you can jump to the Quick setup guide